Welcome to WP.one! Did you order WP.one as a hosting solution for your existing WordPress site? Then your first step is to migrate your existing WordPress installation to WP.one. You can do this easily through the WP.one migration tool. In this article we will guide you through the process.
- Step 1 - Request a migration
- Step 2 - Enter your migration data
- Step 3 - Sit back while we migrate your site
- Step 4 - Change your DNS
Step 1 - Request a migration
- Log in to WP.one.
- Go to Sites at the top of the screen.
- Depending on your WP.one version, go to either Migrate site or Add site.
Note: Did you choose Add site? Then select Migrate site in the next step. In the last step, choose either Migrate to existing site (if you want to migrate a site to a domain that is already added to WP.one) or Migrate to new site (if you want to register a new domain).
Step 2 - Enter your migration data
- Choose the Destination site URL. This is the domain to which you want to migrate your site. Please note that any content on the destination URL will be overwritten.
- Enter the Source website URL. This is the URL of your current WordPress site, including 'http' or 'https'.
- Select a Connection type. You can either choose SSH, FTP, SFTP or FTPS. We recommend choosing SSH, as this method is best suited for quick and automatic file transfering.
- Enter your connection details (host, username, password and port). You can find these details through your current hosting service.
- Indicate that you consent with the migration conditions.
- Click Start migration.
Step 3 - Sit back while we migrate your site
We will now transfer your website files and databases. Usually, this takes no longer than 10 minutes. If you'd like, you can check the progress within WP.one. You will also receive an email once the migration is finished.
Step 4 - Change your DNS
Received the success email? Then just use the link in our email to visit the migrated site. If all looks good, you can now point the DNS of your domain name to WP.one. This means that the migrated site will be visible for website visitors when visiting your destination URL.