This article explains how to create and manage users via the WP.one dashboard.
With user management, you can easily provide access to your site's administrator or other individuals who need it. To manage the users of each site, simply select the Users tab after clicking on the site name in the site listing on the WP.one dashboard. Keep in mind that usage rights are site-specific and vary depending on the user's role, with different levels of access available.
- What rights do the different roles have?
- How can I create a new user?
- How can I edit or remove an existing user?
- Can I remove myself from the site's users?
What rights do the different roles have?
Owner: is the owner of the site. The owner has full rights to all site functions in the WP.one dashboard. Each site has only one owner.
Admin: is a root user with the same rights as owner. Admin can also add or remove other admin or developer level users.
- Developer: is a site developer who has the same rights as the admin, except for managing domain controls in the DNS section and managing users.
How can I create a new user?
Note: You can only create a new user if you have owner or admin rights and you are accessing the Users tab via the Sites section.
- Access the WP.one dashboard.
- Click on the Sites tab at the top and select the site name from the list.
- Select the Users tab.
- Click on the button Add user.
- Enter the email address of the new user. This will be the email address used to log in.
- Set user role.
- Click Add user.
- Done! An email with login instructions will now be sent to the user.
How can I edit or remove an existing user?
Note: You can only edit other users if you have owner or admin rights. Additionally, you need to access the Users tab through the Sites section.
- Locate the user account that you want to edit.
- Click the three dots next to the user on the right side of your screen.
- Choose the action you want to take:
• Remove access
• Change role
- Confirm the action by clicking on the according button in the pop-up window.
Can I remove myself from the site's users?
Yes, you can remove your own account from a site's users if you wish to no longer see a site owned by someone else in your dashboard.